Monday, November 22, 2010

Simple plans

It's funny, you lean just the right way and OUCH! Huge stabbing pain in your back that makes it hard to breathe. Ugh. Super good time, let me just tell ya. So, I stretch and try to pop it because it's driving me crazy...however, no change. I can't get dick to pop it and I'm in pain. So, I went to the in-laws' to try the hot tub (yes, I know it was unseasonably rainy weather today...but we hopped in when the deluge was at a minimum.) Yes, we. The kids hopped in with me, we turned on the cool light in the waterfall and had a nice comfortable dip until we started talking and the taste of the water floating around our faces was appalling. It was also so potent-smelling that my nose started to burn. I got enough time with a jet directly into my spine for it to ease some of the pain and tension (thankfully) before we got wigged out by our unpleasant sensory abuse and had to get out. So, while my back is feeling so much better than it has since it decided to get sassy two days ago, we still needed to get cleaned up. It started pouring like crazy as soon as we walk back into the house to change (at least we dodged that bullet), but we were all covered in abusive bleach-water so I decided we'd test the capacity of the shower...and we all hopped in. Although we made a wet mess between the hot tub room doors and the bathroom, we managed to do a pretty good job getting a triple shower done in decent time and minimal problems. Who'd have thought?! So, the simple mini-hot tub adventure turned into a hot-tub debacle, but in the end I got what I needed which was a reprieve from the pain in my back. Yay! You'd have thought it'd be easy, but nooOOOOoooo. However, it worked out beautifully and I can't complain. So, that was MY night. I sure hope things went a little more smoothly for everyone else. Happy almost turkey day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search