Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Self Destruct

A friend of mine posted on fb, "I've always got my finger on the self-destruct button" and it got me thinking. I feel like I'm a goalie trying to keep people away from my self-destruct button. Perhaps that no longer makes it a "self"-destruct button, but you know what I mean. I don't feel like I'm on the verge of being my own demise, I feel like I'm continuously trying to keep other people from setting me off. I'm not a loaded keg, but there are times when I feel like there are so many things out there trying to sabotage my happiness. Circumstances beyond my control (obviously for the moment, if I would have always keep my path clean I'd not have anything to come back and ruin my day later). Life's little curve balls seem to be attacking me from all sides and I feel like it's all I can do to protect my self-destruct button. I know that I'm always in control, but when things spin me off my axis I feel like a mess. Perhaps, I need to be on top of my game and prevent anything from "coming back to haunt me" so to speak...however, doing so is far more difficult than it seems. However, I'm working on it. I hate to say I'm looking over my shoulder, because I'm not. I look forward and I'm hoping to clean up some of the mess I've left in my wake. Until then, I'm going to stay on top of my game and prevent any more ripples in my calm pool. Self-destruct button? Pfft. More like, button that's going to piss me off. Many have pissed me off, many more will before it's over with. Bring it on, I'm knocking the b.s. out of my way at every turn. You can piss me off and ruin my day...but you're not going to throw me off my game. I'm going to succeed, I'm going to win, I'm going to do good for myself and my family. However, for the 'greater good', I suggest we keep the pissing me off to a minimum. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search